Salad is my favourite food and this time of year I am constantly tossing them together. There are so many creative and delicious ways to dress up leafy greens! They top my list because they are quick, nutrient-dense, budget-friendly and the toppings are endless. This recipe combines the anti-inflammatory spice of turmeric with warm roasted beetroot and sweet spring garden peas. Simply drizzle with a bit of balsamic and you are good to go.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C
2. Wrap red beets loosely in foil. Place in a roasting pan; roast at 375° for 45 minutes or until just tender. Cool completely. Peel beets, and cut into quarters; sprinkle with garlic salt and tumeric powder, set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil + vinegars stirring constantly with a whisk. Add beets; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with tumeric, ginger powder + garlic salt.
4. Prepare bowl(s) with lettuce mix and top with chopped celery, peas and marinated beets.
5. Share with your people, or enjoy solo. Enjoy!
- Looking to add some protein? This salad will be fantastic with roast chicken or grilled salmon
- If you tolerate dairy, some goat cheese would be the perfect compliment to the sweet beets and peas.
- Add a little extra crunch with pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- This recipe inspired by an Ottolenghi recipe from his book Plenty More which is currently one of my favourite books to look through. Next time I make this, I will definitely be adding heaps of avocado.
Have a delicious week and let me know, what are your go-to spring inspired salads?