Before going paleo, we were vegetarians. I know, quite a transition…
For a long time, beans were our go-to. Oh how I still sometimes long for a pack of falafel, a hearty black bean burger, or a creamy bowl of lentil soup. It has surprised me, but one of the hardest cravings is for hummus! I love a good dip with something crunchy.
- 1 head of garlic
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, roasted
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- fresh parsley or preferred mixed herbs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200 °C
- Cut the very top off of the head of garlic, making sure to expose the tip of every clove.
- Cut the stalk from the head of cauliflower.
- Place the coconut oil on the top of the garlic and cauliflower. Wrap each separately in foil.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- When both are finished roasting, remove the cloves and sections of the cauliflower and place in a food processor with the olive oil, lemon juice, water, and sea salt.
- Pulse for a minute or two, until a thick puree forms.
- Top with fresh or mixed dried herbs
- Share with your people and enjoy!
-Try experimenting with a garlic or lemon infused oil: check your labels
-Turn it into a salad dressing. Simply, thin it out with a little extra lemon juice + avocado oil.
-Take a generous scoop over a salad, top grilled chicken or layer it in a lettuce wrap burger. My all-time favourite is alongside homemade plantain chips! Options are endless, really.
What are your favourite healthy snack recipes? Any suggestions for modifying your favourites on the AIP?
Have a delicious weekend!