Hi friends, it is the first day of fall! Yay!
Leaves. The clock rolls back. Scarves. Sweaters. Boots. Scented candles. And all things pumpkin!
This week I have been experimenting with a homemade, healthy version of the classic Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks. There is nothing wrong with a little treat yo’self, especially if you look forward to this fall treat year-round. But I would like to drink them all fall (and winter for that matter), so I had to find a healthier way to do that without a growing waistline or dwindling checking account. I will definitely be sipping on this as the mornings are darker and the weather just a bit cooler.
Serves 1- 2
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or your dairy preference)
- 2 tbs pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee or espresso
- ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients (minus the coffee) in a small pan over low heat on stovetop. Stir slowly until the milk is hot.
- Whisk the mixture to get a frothy texture for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour coffee or espresso in a mug and top with coconut milk mixture. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon
- Sip and savour fall in a mug!
- Extra mixture will keep in glass jar up to two days
- You can freeze any leftover mixture in ice trays for another day or to blend in a morning smoothie or cook into your oatmeal
Let me know if you give this recipe a try, as always! What are the fall recipes that you look forward to most?
Happy autumn! x